Level Up in Turkish!
English–Turkish and Russian–Turkish translation and localization services by an expert
20+ years of professional experience
Hi! My name is Recep Kurt and I am a professional native Turkish translator from Istanbul, Turkey. I am your Turkish translation and localization expert, delivering quality and excellence.
With 20+ years of experience in translation, I specialize in providing premium quality Turkish translation services in gaming, IT, marketing, advertising in the English-Turkish and Russian-Turkish language pairs.
I have been translating since 1988 and have been a notary certified Turkish translator since 2001; I have a passion for translation and take pride in providing superior quality Turkish translation and localization services for those demanding quality at reasonable rates.
I graduated from the Department of Russian Language and Literature of Ankara University, top of my class. I was a graduate student (Russian History) at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, USA, where I lived and worked for seven years.
Past experience as English and Russian to Turkish translator:
- Freelancing since 2013.
- 5 years: In-house translator at a Turkish publishing house, where I mainly translated books from English and Russian into Turkish.
- 2 years: Worked as a customer representative at Siemens Business Services (SBS) in Istanbul. Provided technical and customer support in English to the owners of a certain Japanese notebook brand in the USA. I diagnosed and troubleshot technical issues involving customers’ computers and provided assistance with technical information and sales. I am a CompTIA A+ certified computer professional.
- 2 years: Recorded scheduled programs and oversaw nightly broadcasts at NTV Radio, a major Turkish news radio station. I recorded and prepared weekly programs and managed the nightly broadcasts of NTV Radio and Radio Eksen, a rock music station. Occasionally translated (EN>TR) subtitles for CNBC-e, an NTV affiliate. I have solid experience in audio recording and transcription.
- 1 year: Worked as an in-house translator at Set Systems, a translation agency in Istanbul, where I translated legal, marketing and technical documents between English-Russian-Bulgarian-Turkish. Also edited and proofread projects assigned to freelance translators.
- 2 years: Worked for a Turkish company that produced decorative copper items exclusively for the American market. I ensured reaching the necessary production standards, planned production processes and workflow, dealt with suppliers and trained the personnel. I also prepared product brochures, leaflets and setup guides in English. As a result of my work product return rate was decreased from %11-12 to less than %3.
- 2 years: Assisted an American company in carrying out marketing and sales operations for their Turkish imports for two years. I handled contacts with retailers, assisted customer relations services and was involved in marketing as well. Also took part in major annual expo shows (Chicago /Las Vegas Hardware Show) where the company’s decorative home garden products were introduced to major American retail chains.
- 2 years: Worked for Petrolofisi Sports Club in Ankara as interpreter for Oleg Tsvetov, former swimming coach of the USSR national team, who worked as the head coach of the Petrolofisi swimming team. As a student I worked part-time on evenings, weekends and in the summer. I assisted Mr. Tsvetov in his day-to-day communication with swimmers, parents, colleagues and swimming federation officials during training, camps, championships and social events, interpreting from Russian to Turkish and from Turkish to Russian. Also translated (RU>TR) Andrei Tarkovsky’s historical drama “Boris Godunov” for the TRT (Turkish Radio and Television) at that time.
- Please contact me for an extensive list of reference translations, including Leo Tolstoy’s “War and Peace”, 60+ games and many other projects.